Do you have an ambition to work with innovative solutions that will facilitate real change for an entirely renewable and sustainable future? Do you enjoy working in the field installing, supporting, and servicing innovative renewable energy technologies? Do you enjoy working in a collaborative environment with a committed, world-class team?
Avalon is seeking a detail-minded, skilled technician to join our Field Services team as a Field Service Technician. We are looking for someone who has people skills to interface with our customers, a passion for solving challenging problems, and ability to present feedback from the field to our team.
Our ideal candidate is someone who thrives with the opportunities and challenges presented in a fast-paced start-up environment, who takes pride in their quality and contributions, and who loves working in a supportive team environment and is a self starter who can thrive on their own in the field.
Title Field Service Technician
Role The Field Service Technician will work the Field Operations Manager to make sure our customers have the tools and support they need to install, operate, maintain, and service our flow battery products. The role will include work in the field with our customers and working collaboratively with our engineering team to improve our product and supporting systems.
As the Field Service Technician, you will:
• Provide installation support
• Commission our flow battery product
• Support operations and maintenance
• Troubleshoot issues in the field
• Provide service support
• Facilitate training
• Customer satisfaction
Required Qualifications You should possess the following skills and experience:
• A bachelor’s degree in related field
• 4+ years’ experience in renewable energy installation and service or similar field
• Possess a valid California driver’s license with a good driving record
• Ability for frequent travel
• Possess a valid passport for international travel
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with strong documentation and writing skills
• Demonstrated, driven problem solver, self-starter, and committed team player
Preferred Qualifications Additional experience in the following areas is a bonus:
• Strong experience in testing, troubleshooting, evaluating, and servicing electrical equipment
• Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with electrical equipment
• Ability to plan, coordinate and work with site teams
• NABCEP certification
• Computer skills with knowledge of project management software
• Understanding of industrial communications hardware and protocol standards, including TCP/IP, CAN bus, RS-485, RS-232, and Zigbee
Location Oakland, CA
Reports to Field Operations Manager